The first ARBURG machine for Austria, a C4S, was sold to Moosbrunn way back in 1959. From the late 1970s, the Lossburg-based machine manufacturer was active on the market through its trading partner, Franz Josef Mayr, and from 2006, had a representation office in Austria. In order to have 'a direct line' to customers and to identify market trends at an early stage, ARBURG founded its own subsidiary there in 2010. In May 2014, the ARBURG Technology Center (ATC) started operations in Micheldorf near Kirchberg – one of Austria's booming regions for plastics – with Peter Ahrens as application technician. For the first time, the technical department, spare parts service and training courses were united under one roof.A milestone was reached in March 2018 with the move to ATC Inzersdorf in the Kremstal region. Jerome Berger has been the managing Director there since November 2020. His team, comprising sales consultants, training experts and application and service technicians, now covers all important areas with a wealth of expertise.