How efficient high-volume production of technical parts can function is shown by the turnkey project for manufacturing coil shells for brake systems in cars: About 18,000 parts are produced per hour and separated according to cavity and boxed, ready-to-ship.
The heart of the production cell is a hybrid high-performance machine. In only 6.5 seconds, 32 coil shells are produced, which a rapidly operating robotic system removes within the cycle time and deposits via a special tube system into original parts boxes, separated according to cavity. The boxes are filled with an exact quantity.
- Over a thousand more parts per hour: MULTILIFT V robotic system with dynamic immersion axis reduces mould opening time by around half a second
- Fast and gentle parts handling: precise electrical ejection, synchronised with removal
- Quality with high volumes: separating the coil shells according to cavity into boxes
- Superior autonomy: exchanging the boxes every nine hours – without interrupting production
- Turnkey solution: ARBURG delivers complete production cell for producing technical parts by the million
Part weight: 0.33 g
Material: PA 6.6
Cycle time: 6.5 s
The combination of position-regulated screw and hydraulic accumulator technology makes it possible for the hybrid ALLROUNDER 520 H to fill molds of the thin-walled reels quickly. In addition to the electrical toggle-type clamping unit, precise electrical ejection that is synchronized with the removal ensures rapid cycles.
to the hybrid machines
A MULTILIFT V robotic system with a reduced load capacity of 13 pounds and a dynamic vertical axis was integrated to achieve a fast overall cycle. This meant that the mold opening time could be reduced by around 0.5 seconds. Hence, more than 1000 more parts can be produced each hour.
to the linear robotic systems
The thin-walled reels are installed in automotive brake systems by the millions. A production cell combining a hybrid high-performance machine and a dynamically operating robotic system ensures an efficient high-volume production – permanently in uniform high and reliable quality.
to the sector