Successful K 2022 trade show
ARBURG impresses visitors with "Plan A"
"There is only a Plan A": With this message, ARBURG inspired countless trade visitors at the world's leading trade show K 2022 in Düsseldorf. A total of around 30 machine exhibits on its main booth, in the arburgGREENworld pavilion, and on partners' booths showcased sophisticated applications and technologies. Sustainability, digitalization and resilience were the topics that took center stage.
Innovative solutions for conserving resources
ARBURG's offering at K included a demonstration of how PIR and PCR recyclates can be processed into high-quality products with the help of hardware and software together with the new "aXw Control RecyclatePilot" and other smart controller functions. One such product was a toolbox in ARBURG design, probably one of the most coveted give-aways at the entire trade show. Visitors to the arburgGREENworld pavilion were able to gain an impressive insight into how ARBURG, with its "Plan A", is playing its part in solving a global problem affecting society as a whole. It was there that ARBURG trainees not only "rocked" the pavilion but also held numerous discussions on the future of plastics as a recyclable material – with young visitors in particular. Talks were also held with experts from science and industry. And an electric ALLROUNDER produced "Greenline" dowels from Fischer using plastic based on castor oil.
High-end injection molding technology
At its main booth 13A13, ARBURG presented a wide range of sophisticated applications and innovative technologies from its entire portfolio: injection molding machines, additive manufacturing, automation, plus internally developed control systems, drive trains and digital products and services.
- An automated three-component ALLROUNDER CUBE 1800
- An all-electric packaging application based around an ALLROUNDER 720 A with new electric injection unit 1300 and in the new "Ultimate" performance variant
- A two-component ALLROUNDER MORE 1600. Handling was carried out by a Yaskawa six-axis robot, which ARBURG will add to its automation range from spring 2023 as it becomes a system integrator.
- On show as an example of particularly compact automation without additional floor space was an interlinked turnkey system based around a vertical ALLROUNDER 375 V
- An example of the future of digital production cells was the "smart" turnkey system based around a hybrid ALLROUNDER 630 H
In the "Digital Center" exhibition area, Arburg gave a very hands-on demonstration of digital products and services for the injection molding world. In addition to the ARBURG host computer system (ALS) and Remote Service, a large number of features for the arburgXworld customer portal were presented
New developments in additive manufacturing
The freeformer 750-3X celebrated its world premiere at K 2022. The latest machine for ARBURG Plastic Freeforming (APF) is systematically designed to meet the requirements of the sector. Compared to the previous model, the part carrier is around 2.5 times larger – with the same external dimensions. The APF process is also around seven times faster and more economical. Another exhibit was a high-temperature freeformer 300-3X. The additive manufacturing portfolio was supplemented with two exhibits from ARBURG's sister company innovatiQ.