Micro-components are often smaller than a single grain of granulate. A homogeneous preparation of the melt, short dwell times of the plastics and operation according to the first-in, first-out principle are therefore key for the quality of your parts. We also offer practical and efficient solutions in this area.
Our micro injection unit combines an 8-mm injection screw with a second screw for melting the material. With this pioneering technology, you can reliably process even minute shot weights under one gram. Greater flexibility is offered by our micro injection module, which operates according to the same principle. The modular design means that your production will not be restricted to micro injection moulding.
- Wide range of options: screws with a diameter of 15 or 12 mm and a special micro injection unit and micro injection module with an 8-mm screw
- Optimum material preparation at all times, preparation of various thermoplastics and LSR in accordance with the first-in-first-out principle
- Reproducible injection with aXw Control ScrewPilot, even with short travel strokes
- Effective quality assurance: all process parameters for the machine and peripheral equipment are monitored centrally by the machine controller
- Modular ALLROUNDER standard machines can be extended to form a system solution for micro-components, e.g. with automation, clean air module and ionisation
Brochure: Micro injection moulding (PDF - 1,5 MB)
Brochure: Application expertise (PDF - 3,8 MB)
Customer magazine today 57, p. 20-21 "Big small machines" (PDF - 3,2 MB)
A compact production cell around an electric ALLROUNDER 270 A manufactures delicate LSR caps for micro switches that are used in the medical technology or automotive industry, for example. The parts, weighing 0.008 g each, go through an inline inspection and are then packed into bags.
Micro counter wheel
Precision small parts, such as micro counter wheels weighing only 0.004 g, can be produced to a high standard on optimised ARBURG standard machines. A special micro-production cell enables us to offer you an efficient solution for shot weights measured in milligrams.
to the moulded part
Ceramic ferrules connect optical fibre bundles for the transmission of data. The key here is the high-precision moulding of the through-hole, measuring just 0.125 mm. Tolerances of +/- 10 µm are achieved with powder injection moulding. This is achieved by means of ARBURG's position-regulated screw.
Micro-precision components, such as those used in watches, do not just need to be small, but must also comply with tolerances in the micrometre range. Precise moulding is assured by the position-regulated screw or servo-electrically driven machines from ARBURG.