How efficient high-volume production of technical parts can function is shown by the turnkey project for manufacturing coil shells for brake systems in cars: About 18,000 parts are produced per hour and separated according to cavity and boxed, ready-to-ship.
The heart of the production cell is a hybrid high-performance machine. In only 6.5 seconds, 32 coil shells are produced, which a rapidly operating robotic system removes within the cycle time and deposits via a special tube system into original parts boxes, separated according to cavity. The boxes are filled with an exact quantity.
- Over a thousand more parts per hour: MULTILIFT V robotic system with dynamic immersion axis reduces mould opening time by around half a second
- Fast and gentle parts handling: precise electrical ejection, synchronised with removal
- Quality with high volumes: separating the coil shells according to cavity into boxes
- Superior autonomy: exchanging the boxes every nine hours – without interrupting production
- Turnkey solution: ARBURG delivers complete production cell for producing technical parts by the million
Part weight: 0.33 g
Material: PA 6.6
Cycle time: 6.5 s
Fast, reliable ejection is vital in order to reduce cycle times by fractions of a second. The combination of servo-electrically driven clamping unit and ejector allows the perfect coordination of movements. The result: precise and reproducible dropping of moulded parts.
to the hybrid machines
A MULTILIFT V robotic system with a reduced load capacity of 6 kilograms and a dynamic vertical axis was integrated to achieve a fast overall cycle. This meant that the mould opening time could be reduced by around 0.5 second. Over 1000 additional parts can therefore be produced per hour.
to the linear robotic systems
The thin-walled coil shells are installed in automotive brake systems by the million. A production cell combining a hybrid high-performance machine and a dynamically operating robotic system ensures efficient high-volume production – always in consistently high and reliable quality.
to the industry