Successful K 2019
ARBURG sets trends
At the K 2019 trade fair in Düsseldorf, Germany, ARBURG presented a total of 20 machine exhibits on its own stand and at partners' stands. The topical issues of digitalisation and circular economy were at the centre of the trade fair presentation.
arburgXworld: focus on digitalisation
With a focus on "arburgXworld", ARBURG presented highlights and innovations from its comprehensive digital product and service range. These included numerous new apps for the customer portal of the same name – ranging from the "Machine Finder" for finding the most suitable ALLROUNDER through "Virtual Control" for simulating the machine control system to "Self Service" for guided fault analysis and troubleshooting. Using the "Configuration" app, customers can for the first time configure a new machine, the ALLROUNDER 270 S compact, by themselves and order it online. At eleven interactive stations along the "Road to Digitalisation", visitors were able to learn more about "smart machines", "smart production" and "smart services". Digital service solutions such as the ARBURG Remote Service (ARS) and the new filling and plasticising assistants proved to be in particularly high demand.
to “arburgXworld” product news
to filling assistant product news
to plasticising assistant product news
arburgGREENworld: practical examples of a circular economy
With its "arburgGREENworld" programme, ARBURG put its focus for K 2019 on resource efficiency and circular economy. The programme rests on the four pillars of "Green Machine" for efficient machine technology, "Green Production" for innovative processes and resource-friendly production, "Green Services", which comprise services and know-how transfer, e.g. for processing recycled materials, as well as "Green Environment" for ARBURG's internal processes. With two injection moulding exhibits at K 2019, ARBURG demonstrated how recyclates can be reused and returned to the cycle:
- the new packaging version of the hybrid ALLROUNDER 1020 H processed new PP material in combination with 30 % single-type PP recyclate to produce thin-walled cups.
to ALLROUNDER 1020 H Packaging product news
- the application showed how PCR from household waste can be returned to the circular economy as a raw material for durable technical products.
Innovative machines, processes and applications
Other highlights with regard to new products and innovative applications included:
- the launch of the hydraulic ALLROUNDER 270 S compact – the first ARBURG machine that can be configured and ordered online,
to ALLROUNDER 270 S compact product news
- the new 1600 T rotary table machine at the partner stand of Lauffer,
to ALLROUNDER 1600 T product news
- a "smart" turnkey system with filling and plasticising assistants integrated into the GESTICA control system,
- a turnkey system built around an ALLROUNDER 470 S in which 3D touch films were laminated in-mould using the FIM process,
- the technology outlook on the new freeformer 300-4X, which features an additional rotation axis to be able to additively manufacture fibre-reinforced parts.